Network Engineer/Administrator (Fife)To grow our Network Department in the Tacoma area we are looking for a Network Engineer with Exchange, Windows Server Experience and Virtual Environment.
- Be available for a 24/7 emergency rotating schedule.
- Be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and respond to off-hour calls in a timely manner.
- Be self-motivated, as this position requires independent working skills with the ability to follow strict procedural protocols.
- Have excellent oral and written skills. These are fundamental in keeping track of progress and generating descriptive reports tailored to management as well as the client.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Helpdesk Support/Administration
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Network planning, security, installation, maintenance and administration
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Design, test, implement and document servers and server based application software including installation and upgrade
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot IP based LAN/WAN/MAN
- Monitor and maintain network security systems including firewalls, IDS and anti-virus
- Install monitor and maintain SAN based storage systems
- Manage data backup and archiving systems
- Look for and recommend useful upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment to clients
- Offer technical support and guidance to users
Specific Experience Required:
- Experience with Sonic Wall, Watchguard, Astaro
- Experience with Citrix, Metaframe, Xenup and Access Gateway
- 2 + years relevant experience supporting systems and network services in multi-server, multi-platform environment
- Comptia A+, Network +, Security +, or equivalent certifications
- Data center maintenance (racking, cabling and labeling physical equipment)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, WINS, DHCP, DNS and user object management
- Strong understanding of network protocol suites and end-to-end network troubleshooting / problem analysis
- Experience with Cisco IOS routers, switches and unified wireless infrastructure.
Other Useful Skills:
- Web development and Design
- Unix and Linux experience
- Mac OS
- Able to observe strict confidentiality
- Able to effectively collaborate with senior level technicians and project managers to deliver customer solutions and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be able to function in a high energy and dynamic team environment
- Be reliable, efficient, responsible, and ethical
- Have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Possess a clean MVR and have a reliable vehicle
- Be able to pass a background investigation
- Have a sense of humor
- Be adaptable
- Be proactive
This is a part time to full time position
Salary is DOE
We look forward to hearing from you!